I learned the idea of the impossible list from Thomas Frank, he is an awesome Youtuber and makes great productivity videos (Check out his website here) and decided to post this list on my website to hold myself more accountable. I am going to quote his explanation for the impossible list here (I think his explanation is great and he speaks better English than I do):
I think I’ve had a plain old bucket list in the form of a Facebook Note ever since I was in high school. However, I never got around to anything on the list – all those things were events I figured would happen in the future – meaning some undefined time that didn’t implore me to take action now.To fix that, I’ve created my impossible list. I got the idea from Joel Runyon, who created the world’s first impossible list and defined the difference between it and a regular ‘ole bucket list. Put simply, the impossible list is an ever-evolving list of experiences that build upon each other, help others as well as yourself, and implore you to take action. This is mine, which is, of course, ever-evolving.
- Make the habits I’m developing stick (Wake up before 8 a.m, meditation, workout regularly and read books every day).
- Design and make more games.
- Learn the art skills creating game assets.
- Make more electronic music.
- Do a 50 push-ups set
- Do a 100 push-up set
- Do 20 pull-ups
- Do a 20 pull-up set
- Do a pistol squat
- Do a full bridge (and able to back up)
- Do a handstand
- Wake up before 7:30 am
- Read 25 pages a day for a month
- Meditate every day for a month
- Learn a type of martial art without weapons
- Learn a type of martial art with weapon training
- Learn digital painting, so I can make my own concept art.
- Learn Maya (able to make a short animation).
- Learn directing, script writing and make a short film/animation.
- Be a Microsoft Certified Professional.
- Release an album
- Release a video game
- Release a game with at least approx 30min gameplay.
- Release a game with at least approx 60min gameplay.
- Reaches 100 download
- Reaches 1000 download
- Reaches 5000 download
- Reaches 10000 download
- Release an animation
- Make choreography for a song
- Record a dance video at least 1:30 long
- Create an online course.
- Perform/Present at a major computer music event
- Have an art residency in Japan
- Earning a Ph.D. in a multimedia art field
- Form a creative technology company.